Author Topic: Savage Arms Records Now At Buffalo Bill Museum  (Read 2868 times)

Garnett

• Administrator
Savage Arms Records Now At Buffalo Bill Museum
« on: October 13, 2021, 01:50:05 PM »
I recently sent a letter to Savage Arms inquiring information on a Savage Model 101 single shot pistol.  Today I received an answer with my check saying they no longer had any records.  The letter is printed below.  I can find no way on the listed web site to get information on how to submit a request and the cost thereof.  I sent an email requesting information and immediately got a computer generated response saying the person was out of the office until October 18th, and I could call if I wanted to.  The Savage Historical web site still says they will furnish information.  Very frustrating!  I imagine if I can get a price quote it will be considerably higher that the $35 Savage has been charging.

Southern WI Savage

Re: Savage Arms Records Now At Buffalo Bill Museum
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2024, 08:52:04 AM »
The Savage records were brand new to The Center of the West at that time.
They have since improved their understanding of what they have.

I doubt records exist at all for Savage 101, but worth a try. Jessica/Center of the West may simply let you know whether or not records exist without charge.

https://centerofthewest.org/explore/firearms/firearms-records/savage/

Garnett

• Administrator
Re: Savage Arms Records Now At Buffalo Bill Museum
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2024, 09:19:05 AM »
Today, I sent this email to them.  Cross your fingers and hope they have found this information.

Do you have historical records for the following Savage/Stevens firearms?  They were made from 1919 to the late 1960's.

Savage Model 219 Single Shot Rifle, Savage 220 Single Shot Shotgun, Savage 101 Single Shot Pistol, and the Stevens No. 10 Single Shot Pistol.

I have written books on these 4 firearms, and I would like to advise my readers in future printings, if this information is available.  My web site is savagesingleshots.com

Thank you for your help!  Best Wishes, Garnett Stancil, Valley Grande, AL
« Last Edit: October 11, 2024, 02:41:50 PM by Garnett »